Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Sunday Picture....


Today I had to post a  picture of a 'someone' as my Sunday picture. Because today is my awesome sister-in-laws birthday. 
This is a drawing I did of her in about the late 1970's or maybe the early 1980's. I don't remember because I am a couple of years older than she is. The thing about her is that she still looks the same as in this portrait. Maybe a little tanner 'cause she now lives in the tropics, but otherwise, yeah, pretty much the same.

(click here

12 comments:

OhioMom said...

How lovely, and how lucky she is to have such a talented and sweet SIL

Carol Murdock said...

That drawing is sooooooo beautiful! All your work is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Carol

Debra from Bungalow said...

That is so beautiful! What a gift you have!

cam said...

I had a sneaking suspicion that portrait would show up today! The year was actually 1978, the date of Steve's baptism.
Thank you for being there in the moments of my life, and thank you for a lifetime of memories, dear Elenka, saved forever with the stroke of your brush.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elenka.
Hope you got my last comment to you. I can't find your email address anywhere on your blog!
anyway, thanks for your kind words and I like your work too!
Donna, Daily Painter

Catherine said...

Beautiful picture!

Kris said...

Beautiful portrait.
Okay, the card cracked me up. How funny? I need the larger size now and I'm not 50 yet!

Kris

Balisha said...

Beautiful, Elenka.What did you use to do this portrait?

Elenka said...

I used reddish brown conte pastels, which are hard pastels.
Also, a soft white pastel.

joanne said...

Happy Birthday to your SIL...absolutely beautiful j)

Mary Ellen said...

Would you mind adopting me into your family??? I always thought it would be cool to have either a doctor or a mechanic in the family, but now I must add artist to the list!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Was this a gift for her?? How wonderful..