Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Vacation.....


Today is the first day of Summer Vacation!! This day is golden in my book. This is the day I pen all my lists of what I’m going to do during the summer. Making a list is on my list.

Labor Day is when I throw them in the woodstove to ward off the chill in the air that arrives too soon here in Maine. MAYBE 2 things will be scratched off the list. Maybe.....


Oh well, I don’t know why I bother.


My pathetic goals for this summer: (and I actually don’t need to write them down)


Paint (actual paintings and latex around the house)

Read

Garden

Take day trips and one big trip

Eat

Sleep


That’s it. This is Vacationland officially, you know.


Update: It’s the end of the third day of summer vacation.


I worked in the garden.....only to discover something ate all my precious little baby carrot, basil, beet, spinach, stringbean, and zinnia seedlings. The garden is fenced in so it’s probably not a varmint. Probably bugs. God, I hate bugs.


Took a trip to North Conway, New Hampshire. Had lunch looking at Mount Washington.


I read.


I ate.


I slept.


So far so good,‘cept for the garden....and I did not paint anything.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a pretty good start to me!

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it through the school year; have a great vacation.

brattcat said...

You're off to a great start. How about making one of those trips on your list to Vermont?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it's summer vacation honey, relax and enjoy, just do what you feel like doing. toss the list. have a little cake, you'll feel better.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxox

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Hurray for vacation! I still make summer lists, even though I've not been in school for many years, and I never was a teacher.

Our kids always made lists in the summer of the books they would read and the projects they would do - I think summer lists are good for us all.

I also make a winter list - I'm just a list maker!!! Sounds like you are having fun - except for that bug thing in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Do it! Paint! I want to see some new paintings. I love people's art, especially people with boatloads of talent like you. I'm in love with the winter lobstering one and the lighthouse on your sidebar. I have a thing for boats and ocean and lighthouses.

Yes, it's all about me.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Lovely...and there's always Farmers Markets, right?

Lili said...

Yes we are in Vacationland! Although as a teacher, you must really really enjoy your Summer! I make daily lists, but only to get my thoughts down on paper and therefore out of my head, but I always end up finding them later in the most unusual places (like under a paint can!) Enjoy! ~Lili