Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fifth Day.....

Pretty good day. He's getting bored, but he's also tired. He isn't getting much sleep ..... it's a pretty noisy place and they keep coming in and out of the room. He's eating a little, but not great. It's very tough to cough. He's been walking around as he can now, with the aid of a walker, get up and walk himself down the halls and to the room where the computers are. He even left a comment on his own blog today! (Good job, Birdman!)

He still might be coming home tomorrow, but we still don't have the final OK. His sugar levels are still a little too high. 

My son and I went in to visit this afternoon and before I knew it, after our walk, #1 son laid on the bed and promptly fell asleep and Mr. Downeastdoingstuff fell asleep in the lounge chair and there I was, staring at the both of them sleeping. The nurses thought it was quite humorous. I read the paper, did a crossword puzzle and went and got an ice cream in the family kitchen. I almost fell asleep as well! We're an exciting bunch.

Hopefully I'll be tellling you all next that he's home. Although I don't want him home if he's not ready. I, myself, am not ready for that!

Thanks for all of your comments of support. It means a lot to me.

8 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

One paw in front of the other...but headway being made. Yes, yes, yes!

Sarah Laurence said...

Great to hear! Getting bored is the best sign. That's terrific news that they were able to reuse his valve and 2 3/4 hours is quick - unless you are worrying through it. I hope you are sleeping well - I often found the stress hit me worse after the fact.

Anonymous said...

mom always said that she never got rest in the hospital. They always seem to come in and check vitals just when you get to sleep...

I know during my overnight stay, it was true. I had to go home to get rest...LOL!!!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

He'll sleep when he is home - and like having a new baby - you sleep then too. LOL

One day at a time - it only gets better from here - just think - five days ago you were still waiting for this to happen, and now look how far you are - he's leaving comments on the computer.

Birdman said...

What do they say about time flyin...
Really, this early morning 2:13 AM 1/11/10 has dawned day 7 since I left our country home and ventured to the big city, for my 'little procedure'. I wished I could say the days have rushed by, but alas this is not true. These last 2 day have moved w/ the speed of molasses dripping its way from a cold jar.
Thanks to who have sent cards, stopped by MMC, or offered kind words and uplifting thoughts on this and other blogs. I read them all. And to Elenka and best bud J- where would I bee w/o your words and comfort. Clran the house, load the feeders, and lets get the aroma of some fish chowder throughout the house. This Bird is heading back home.

brattcat said...

Oh, Elenka, oh, Birdman, it is a miracle, isn't it. Slowly but surely you'll both be able to cough again...and laugh...and dance. We're standing on the sidelines cheering you all on.

Balisha said...

Nothing like your own bed to sleep in. Ahh...the comforts of home. Soon, Birdman, soon.
Both of you take care,
Balisha

Kathleen said...

All in time.....It seems like forever, but all will improve once you are home together. Hugs, Kathleen