Sunday, January 3, 2010

Am I ready for this?

nurse waving Hi there, Mr. Downeastdoingstuff, AKA Birdman. I just have to find my non-latex gloves, snap them on and I'm ready! (I think.......????) (Yeah, I am.) (I think.....)

Tomorrow you are registering into the hospital. You are having your heart fixed. Make sure you tell the doc to be careful, since you already have my heart. You've had it for over 34 years.

ekg

But back to reality, as I said in a comment on your blog, my dear Birdman, I've been studying Nurse Ratchet for several weeks now and I must say, she's got it all together. 

So off to the hospital you go. (Again....)

Now even further back to reality, it's been snowing for 3 days now and you are out snowblowing the driveway as I type. Two days ago you had ME try THIS THING out......
And I drove it directly into this....

No damage done, missed the electric eye of the garage opener by a good eighth of an inch, so all is well. Are you trying to tell me that you won't be able to snow blow for a while??? 

Today I have to try raking the roof. With a snow rake. What's up with that?

And you tell me  that 'I' have to actually put wood into the woodstove?? That I have to go outside to the woodshed all hours of the day, and pick up logs and bring them into the house?

I thought that happened automatically.

So, I guess I'm ready. (....help....)

Just as soon as I practice doing this....

needle    animation

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

will keep Mr. Downeastdoingstuff in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

Anonymous said...

...and big hugs to you, my dear!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You are ready - at least as ready as one can be - this is a big journey - we took the same journey last June and the results are fabulous.

Oh and tell Mr. Downeast to stop that snow blowing - he needs to rest up. :-)

Lili said...

Big hugs to you Elenka, I know you can do it! My Henri had a 3 day hospital stay 2 years ago in Jan. and I lucked out because the snowfall was light. This post really was very sweet and funny too...just like you! You two are in my thoughts and prayers.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Stay sassy and aggressive, you will need both attributes to be a good Nurse R. My thoughts are with the both of your hearts, may these weeks of anxiety turn into years of good health and happy hearts together!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Oh no, you have me crying/laughing please don't fall off the roof, and try and stay out of trouble. On the serious note, Mr. Birdman and you are in my prayers. Keep us posted when you can.
♥ Teresa

A New England Girl said...

Keeping your hubby and you in my prayers!! I hope everything goes absolutely fantastically and there are no complications! xoox.

brattcat said...

Young master downeastdoingstuff will perhaps help out with some of the chores daddy downeastdoingstuff usually attends to. you be careful, elenka, snowblowers and roofrakes can be very dangerous weapons in the wrong hands. Use those hands instead to wrap around birdman and give him an extra hug from me, too, while you're at it.

cam said...

Hey Elenka,
You are about to learn.. as I did.. every single thing you thought "just happened auto pilot".
It's a wake up call, that's for sure. One that we could do without, but one that is sure to endear you even more to Birdman.

Love ya,
Florida

ps. can't wait to see next week's blog!!!

Evansmom said...

Good luck to both of you. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate!

Kathleen said...

Guess you are ready for life in Maine, without that manly help. Prayers and good luck to your hub. He'll be home before you know it, and he will be able to laugh at you, trying to do all those manly chores. Hugs, Kathleen

Sarah Laurence said...

I am so sorry to hear that Mr. Downeast is having heart problems.

If it is of any comfort, my husband has had multiple heart procedures and pacemaker surgeries at Maine Medical Center, and it is a wonderful hospital. He has congenital heart disease and is doing well now.

Yes, I do now how much more difficult winter is when the man isn’t there to share the hard work. All the best to you and your husband.

joanne said...

Best wishes to all of you and hopefully a speedy recovery! Sending prayers your way...jj

Balisha said...

It's going to be hard to keep him from doing all that he is used to doing when he comes home.You are both in my prayers. Please take care,
Hugs to both of you, Balisha

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Balisha is right...
And by the way...it was on Balisha's blog that I found you. One of my most favorite bloggers! :)

(Ohhh...what's that needle for?!!!)