Friday, April 3, 2009

I LOVE my heated floor !!!!!!!!!



I am always cold.
I know that when I'm not cold, ain't nobody cold.
I do everything I can never to be cold. ( except for where I chose to live! Slight miscalculation in that department.)
We have a heated mattress pad that I LOVE !  I turn it on about 1 hour before I go to bed. Full Blast!!!!

So when we decided to remodel our bathroom last summer, we decided to splurge and have a heated floor put in.

See how it's done? Here are the heating wires that were installed.
   Then a layer of thinset gunk is poured on top of the wires. When that dries, the tiles are then installed.
   There also is a programmable  timer on the wall that you can program into 4 different settings each day.

  After enjoying the heated floor immensely for a few weeks, I had an unbelievable BRAINSTORM !

   And after watching my cat loll around on the aforementioned floor and feeling how gosh darned warm the area rug was in front of the sink,  I realized that if I put some of my clothes on the floor for about 5 to 10 minutes just before I get dressed in the morning, they will be warm when I put them on!!!!
I'm SO smart!

Upon doing some quick research, I found out that there are lots of other things that are heated.

For example:
You can warm up your tootsies with these heated sox.


You can warm your fingers with heated gloves. (I wouldn't get them wet while wearing, tho.)



Heated bras to warm your heart (area).


There are heated toilet seats to warm your buns.


If you have a dog that goes into heat a lot, you can buy him this toy. It's called a Hotdoll. Really.


And if you have a cow in heat, you can buy this. That should turn up the heat alright.

Ahem.....
Soooo...... anytime we can't find the Siamese cat, we look in the bathroom, 'cause that's where she is. Guaranteed.

8 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh, we keep telling Teri that a heated floor would be great...but a bunch of cats in the bathroom...she might trip over us in the middle of the night potty breaks she seems to have to take! She's old, ya know!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh--what a cute blog, Elenka... I think you need to move to Florida!!!!! ha .... Love the idea of a heated floor in the bathroom. No wonder Kitty enjoys being in there--especially in winter.

We have an electric blanket---and I do the same thing as you. We turn it on about an hour before we go to bed at night (even when we have the window cracked for some fresh air)... ha ha

Your 'other' warmers were funny... I laughed outloud when reading about the dog 'hotdoll'.... Unbelievable!!!! Too Funny!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Kris said...

I would love to have the heated floors. The heated clothing accessories too, but....heated bra? No mo nipply days!!!

LOL@ the hotdoll too funny

Have a happy day

Kris

Carol Murdock said...

So cute! I don't blame the cat! I freeze too!
I wear sweats year round in the house because my husband is so hot natured! It has to be 80 outside for me to lose the long sleeves!

Carol

Lori Skoog said...

Elenka...I have been retired for over 8 years and it is heaven! I do still teach here at the farm. You can find my student's work in some of the posts (The Skoog Farm Workshop). They are all retired too. I looked at your entire blog. It is great! Funny thing, I take photographs when I am in the car too. Nice pastel, and you sure are good at portraits.
Thanks for the comment.

Lori Skoog said...

I'm back...I see you read Pioneer Woman and Lynda's blog in Africa. They are both FABULOUS! Small world.

Farnnay said...

lol. im the same way, i hate being cold, but i always am. i wear like a bajillion layers and it still does nothing. even wearing a thick sweater to sleep.

sigh

Aggie said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog...you can get Greek yogurt at most grocery stores, mine just started carrying it (finally!). Some brands are Oikos, Chobani and Fage. I have never tried this, but I have read you can make your own Greek yogurt by straining your plain yogurt over cheese cloth for some time, it will thicken it up.