Saturday, August 21, 2010

I found my lock....


I found a lock!

In a plastic box in the bowels of our linen closet, amid old, rusty thumbtacks, plastic wire caps, dried up tubes of superglue (which are still there), that iron-on stuff you cut and iron onto the back of a hole in your clothes to try and disguise the hole and
myriads of other unidentifiable, dried up, rusty things, I find a lock......with the key!

I actually found 2 locks, a little one and a bigger one.

I took the little one because it was so cute.

If you read my
previous post, you already know that the latest trend and must-do for all people in love (lest being deemed as uncool) is to attach a lock with your name on it to something somewhere and toss the key.

Apparently this signifies that your love will be locked forever in this world to infinity and beyond.

I would like that.

But where to put it without someone unromantic person using the jaws of life to remove it?

This is what I have to think about today.

Where would you put it?

8 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good question - public places can be dangerous as the jaws of life are wandering out there just looking for something to jaw. Maybe someplace permanent and special in your garden - someplace that won't likely be disturbed - maybe on a wind chime. I'm afraid my brain is not creative this morning, it is busy thinking about the pickle relish that is calling to me to come and do the next step in canning. I'll think later. ♥

Unknown said...

No thoughts here...unless there's a chain link fence around your yard.

Traveling Bells said...

Yep, that fence idea has lasting appeal...

Birdman said...

I think you should sneak in to my old HS on Ocean Avenue and put it on my old locker. I have so many reoccurring dreams about that place and that combination; it might help! hahaha!

Elenka said...

That's a great idea, Birdman. You remember your locker number?

Malyss said...

Find a romantic place where you have sweet memories with the lover concerned by the lock..The place has only to be made to last a very long time..

Deb Shucka said...

As I just read your most recent post first, I would suggest putting this lock where your parents are. What a great problem to have.

Sharon Creech said...

I like birdman's suggestion, too! Did you decide yet?