Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another adventure.....or something.

Today, the love of my life is going into the hospital. On Tuesday he is going to have open heart surgery to repair a valve. We knew about this since late summer and he picked this date himself so that this wouldn't interfere with work very much. That's my guy.

Here he is at a table at a restaurant in Portland. Probably pondering life, or if he'll have time for a second beer or not before it gets dark. (That light colored one is mine, he didn't start out with 2 beers...)


Lovely windows in this old port restaurant, right bratcat? (up on second floor this time...)



Sun setting on gorgeous buildings that line the streets of the Old Port.


The Old Port was wonderful on this cold, sunny day. Christmas decorations, carolers, and millions of tiny white lights. Spent the day with Mr. Downeastdoingstuff's sister having all the fun we could muster. Sunday was spent home with relatives and friends watching football and eating chili, trying to relax.
Downeastdoingstuff Junior and his sister will take him to the hospital in the morning. I will go to school and go up to see him right after school. He will be undergoing more tests all day getting ready for the surgery.
He says he is ready for this. I might be ready, as best as I can. I know that the surgeons do this work day in and day out, but never to my guy. In the end, he will be fine, probably better than he was. It's just going to be hard to watch the person that I love go through this pain.....
Wish him well.
Thanks.

I love you Birdman.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Your Mr. will be in my thoughts and prayers, as will the doctors he will perform the surgery. Please keep in touch on how he is doing.
I love the Old Port. When I lived in Saco I used to go there all the time. I love the shops and resturants, and the whole atmosphere. Thanks for the beautiful pics. You're in my prayers, too, Elenka
Hugs, Kathleen

brattcat said...

We're holding you all in our hearts. Mr. Downeastdoingstuff will have the hospital staff in stitches before he gets a few of his own, I think. Though it won't be at Bull Feeney's, Brattcat and Mr. Brattcat will be toasting Birdman and his doctors and nurses tonight, wishing them all perfection in their parts tomorrow.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Our very best to you and Mr. Downeastdoingstuff!!!! We talked a long time last night about you both. Our hearts are full of good wishes and good thoughts for you both - and for the surgeon and the staff.

Don is so pleased with the results of his surgery (same one as Mr. Downeastdoingstuff is having). He is six months out from surgery and doing more than he did for years before.

He will not remember the first day or so - and that is a good thing. Our very best - we have the calendars all marked.

Lili said...

Sending well wishes, thoughts and prayers your way Elenka. You put it so well about the surgeons doing this work day in and day out but never to my guy. . . that is such a sweet way to put it! I enjoyed seeing the architecture in the Old Port, thanks for sharing. Wishing Birdman a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer that all will be well... HUGS

BumbleVee said...

I'm way behind with this Elenka....but I want to wish your sweetie the best.... hope the bloodwork shows improvement soon... had to backtrack to find out more particulars... so I left my note here.... good luck to you both

... hugs....V