Monday, June 22, 2009

Rain, rain...go away...no, really....

GO AWAY !!!!
Ever hear that saying, it goes something like this...."April showers, bring May showers,which bring June showers..." Isn't that how it goes? If it isn't, it should be re-written.

Even my cats won't go out today in fear of coming back in and looking like this:

So, on this rainy and very windy, cool day, this is what I suggest one does.
Or perhaps this:
Some canines would probably pop open a cold one:

Although all that snacking and drinking might lead to this....

If you HAVE to go out into the rain, this is rather a clever thing to use. 

These are kinda cute, but I don't know how you keep the rain out of your FACE!!


and believe it or not, some folks don't know how to use a regular umbrella correctly.


Actually, THIS is the umbrella that I want to be using...ASAP !!
Thank you very much.

UPDATE: Tuesday....it rained.
Wednesday....it's raining.

8 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

That is hilarious, your post and pics have me laughing out loud, great end to a Monday workday. Sorry about all your rain, sending a little Texas Sunshine your way.
♥ Teresa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well even if it wasn't sunny- that was a good cheery post. Hope you get some sunshine soo. We had partly cloudy and then sun in the afternoon.

cam said...

Elenka,
We have a Calico cat named Angel. She is beautiful but these photos remind me of her! Since we took her in we didn't know her age... recently learned from the vet.. in cat lives she's a "senior citizen" and in human terms behaves just like a "redhead"...that explains it!!

Debbie said...

Oh I am so with you!! We are all sick of this rain! Hey....your critter blog made me laugh though and that is just what I needed...thanks!

Balisha said...

That's my remote that the cat has!

Kathleen said...

Hello Elenka, thank you for stopping by my blog to say hi. I guess all of us here in Maine are complaining about the same thing..The RAIN! There are some rays of sun here in Millinocket this afternoon, so there is hope I guess. I love your paintings, especially the Old Port, and the Lobster boats. Do you sell your work? Where? And you are a cat lover, too! Isn't life great...My Mr Ming would love to meet your cats, he is such a lover! So nice to meet you! Hugs, Kathleen

OhioMom said...

Rain rain come our way ... :) Hot hot hot and sticky here, garden loves it .. mom not so much!

Deb Shucka said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! These are great pictures. Your Portland sounds like the one I'm closest to, and we're having our usual gray and cool June. We're actually having less rain than usual.

Your paintings are gorgeous. Amazing talent! Hope you're enjoying the beginning of summer.